“Through the acquisition of DP Technician and PDS Monitor, we are pleased to continue the evolution of these two powerful tools for z/OS administration. We look forward to bringing additional capabilities and value to the DP Technician and PDS Monitor community.” said Danny Zeitouny, Managing Director & VP Products at Log-On. “The two solutions continue our long tradition of delivering outstanding solutions to Z System users.”
“DP Technician and PDS Monitor are powerful administration tools for the z/OS system programmer. Both products are widely used by customers world-wide. Log-On Software has the breadth and depth of z/OS product development expertise to ensure that these solutions continue to evolve to meet the needs of the user community.” Said Irv Fuchs, President of Data Processing Techniques Inc.
DP Technician is a ‘Swiss army knife’ for the z/OS system programmer. The unique and comprehensive facilities of DP Technician ensure that problems are swiftly be dealt with and don’t become major disasters with all the implied consequences.:
DP Technician consists of the following major components:
- Catalog/VVDS Utilities
- VSAM Utilities
- VSAM File Copy Backup & Recovery
- PDS & Sequential File Utilities
- General Utilities
- Tape/Cartridge Utilities
- File Search/Replace Utilities
- Volume Configurator
PDS Monitor tracks PDS(E) access and update events against any member of any partitioned data set (PDS or PDSE). PDS Monitor tracks date, time and user identity for each event.
PDS Monitor provides facilities to:
- Report on member usage by displaying the names of all job/tso/stc tasks that access/update a PDS member, the date and time of access/update, and the total number of times the member was accessed/updated.
- Help identify whether a software product is being used, and how often it is used.
- Identify the name of the library that a module was executed/accessed from.
- List all duplicate named members and whether they are accessed or not.
- Clean up libraries by generating IEHPROGM scratch statements for those PDS members that have not been accessed in “X” number of days.
- Improve I/O performance by reorganizing the members of a PDS so that the most actively accessed members are adjacent to one another.
- Discover if identically named CSECTs within different PDS load module members are actually the same.
- Determine the order of concatenated PDS libraries to improve a job’s throughput.
Log-on is a leading developer of world-class software solutions and an outsourcer of software services ranging from programming expertise to the complete management and execution of development projects. With over 30 years of experience and 700 specialists in software, data communications and security, Log-on provides innovative, high-end solutions to today’s most difficult product development and programming challenges. Log-on delivers innovation and value across solution spaces including Mainframe, Security Systems, E-business, Conversion and Migration, Networking, and Cellular. Our portfolio of satisfied users and clients spans all major industries and includes many of the world’s largest enterprises. Follow us on LinkedIn.
Log-On Software and the Log-On logo are trademarks of Log-On Software. All other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Log-On Software